Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 18 min
Servings: 6 pancakes
- • 1 cup of chickpea flour
- • 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil spray – for the pan
- Maple syrup
- Sliced bananas
- Chopped pistachios
- Shredded coconut
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the chickpea flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg and mix in the coconut milk, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Combine the egg mixture into the chickpea flour mixture.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Spray the pan with coconut oil; pour about ¼ of a cup of the batter in the middle of the pan.
- Cook the first side for about 1-2 minutes until it starts bubbling and as soon as it looks firm flip it to the second side. Lower the heat and cook for another 1 minute.
- Repeat steps #5 & #6 until the batter is finished. You could even use 2 pans at the same time to speed up the process.
- Serve hot with maple syrup, sliced bananas, pistachios and shredded coconut.