Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 peaches – peeled and thinly sliced
- Organic powdered sugar – enough for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° Fahrenheit. Grease sides and bottom of a 9-inch spring-form cake pan with cooking oil. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and make sure to grease the top of parchment as well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a small bowl, whisk the 3 eggs with olive oil, maple syrup, and almond milk.
- Gradually add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Arrange peach slices on top of batter in a single even layer with a little space between each. Sprinkle with extra coconut sugar, ginger and cinnamon if desired.
- Place the cake pan in the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick or fork come out clean and the middle is set. Cool the cake on wire rack for 30 minutes before serving.
- When cool, carefully remove side of pan. Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and maybe a scoop of coconut whip cream.