Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Servings: 3 (Entrée serving)
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 medium sweet potato – diced
- 2 medium zucchinis – cut in halves lengthwise, then sliced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14-ounce full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 servings of vermicelli noodles
- ½ red onion – sliced
- 2 limes – cut in to wedges
- Handful of cilantro
- In a medium pot heat the avocado oil. Sauté the garlic, ginger and curry paste for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes along with the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 7 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile cook the vermicelli noodles as the package instructions and set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender add the coconut milk, coconut sugar, and salt. Stir and adjust the seasoning if needed. Heat for a few more minutes.
- To serve divide the noodled between 3 bowls. Ladle the soup and the vegetables between 3 bowls, top with onion, cilantro, and lemon wedges.