- 6 rhubarb’s stem – thinly sliced
- 3 Fuji apples – cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla
- juice of an orange
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 & ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoon cold-pressed coconut oil (room temperature) + more for greasing the dish
- 13 fresh soft dates, pitted
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch baking dish or a cast iron with coconut oil.
- Place the rhubarb and apples in a baking dish and toss with vanilla, orange juice, and honey.
- Prepare the crumble in a separate bowl. Start by thoroughly mixing rolled oats, almond flour, and sea salt.
- Chop the dates and add to the mix with the coconut oil.
- Use your hands to mix until large crumbs are formed. Pour the crumble filling evenly over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the fruit juices are bubbling around the edges and the crumble is firm and browned.
- Serve warm over frozen strawberries and top it off with coconut cream or your favourite ice-cream.
- Keeps for about a 5 days in the fridge. Freezes and reheats well.