Summer’s greatest hits all in one bowl… and because every Sunday dinner can benefit from a new quinoa salad recipe! ☀️💛
Even though it’s not my kids’ fav, quinoa is definitely a feel-good, go-tot kind of food for me. I always feel so satisfied when I turn quinoa into a hearty bowl bursting with fresh flavours.
Couple tips for the perfect quinoa is to rinse it thoroughly until water runs clear (I use a fine mesh sieve) and then let it dry completely. I use a 1:2 ratio of quinoa:water. Add a little salt to the pot. Bring to a boil, stir, cover and let simmer for 18 min. Remove from heat (do not lift lid) and let it sit for 5 min. Then fluff with fork. Grains should be fluffy and translucent. ✨
You will be making this salad all summer long! ☀️
1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
5 medium sized corn on the cob
1/4 cup avocado oil
4 Persian cucumbers, sliced
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp raw honey
1/4 tsp cumin powder
pinch of cayenne pepper
sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
01. Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Once cooked, transfer to a large serving bowl and let cool.
02. Prepare your grill over medium heat. Remove the husk and silk from the corn, while keeping the stems attached.
03. Brush cobs with 2 tablespoons of avocado oil. Grill for 10-12 minutes while turning and brushing with more avocado oil until slightly charred on all sides. Remove corn from grill and let cool.
04. While the corn are being cooled, stir the cucumber, basil, onion and tomatoes into the cooked quinoa bowl.
05. TO MAKE THE SAUCE: In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, cumin, cayenne powder, salt and pepper. Then stir the sauce into the quinoa mixture.
06. Using a sharp knife remove the corn from the cobs. Stir in half of the kernels into the quinoa salad and the remaining over the top. Sprinkle with feta cheese and garnish with lemon slices. Enjoy!