Last night as I was “finishing” up the seemingly endless tasks that needs to be done at home (laundry is never actually done, lol), I thought to myself “and I used to think I was busy, lol”😂😂😂
Fast forward to 3 kids each with their own schedules, different schools, commuting, business, work, home, family, friends, well you guys get it. And I’m not even glorifying the busy, haha. 🙃🧡
So over the 14 years of family living, there are a few things that I do to help reduce the stress at home!
01. Establishing a routine for everyone is key. The kids thrive on routine and so do I. When everyone knows what to expect it helps make the day that much smoother.
02. Spend time alone each morning. I honestly sit in silence with coffee in hand, for 10 min. It doesn’t seem like much but just giving myself the space to ground before the day begins really helps.
03. Write it ALL down. Don’t try to keep it all going in your head- it’s not possible. Lists, calendars, both on paper and device can really help.
04. Because I spend most my life thinking about food, lol, meal plan and then have a well stocked fridge and pantry. I can’t stress enough how helpful meal planning is for a busy family. This will take the anxiety and pressure off of you during the week and ensure you’re not scrambling to come up with something on the spot. Do your big grocery shopping on the weekends based on what your menu plan is during the week; pick one day to do a quick run for fresh produce and any other needs that may have come up. This way you won’t feel like you’re at the grocery store every day.
05. Prep breakfast and lunches the night before. I love making overnight oats because they’re so quick and easy.
06. Limit scroll time- this is a big one for me as it’s very easy to get lost in the reels, lol!
And as you start your week- deep breaths, positive thinking, healthy choices, and an attitude of making it great, will help you flow through your days with ease! You’ve got this!💃✨😍