- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking sofa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup apples chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl beat egg and mix in remaining ingredients for the muffins, except the chopped apple.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Gently stir in apples.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan dividing batter equally.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, cinnamon and almond flour. Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry blender until it looks like coarse crumb. Sprinkle crumbs over batter in muffin tin.
- Bake muffins 17-20 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let muffins sit in pan before removing to cool completely. Enjoy!