Servings: 6+ Tacos
- 1 head of medium cauliflower – cut into florets
- 2 cups of oat flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- 1 cup buffalo hot sauce
Cashew Sauce (if I’m pressed for time during the week I skip the sauce and just do a quick guacamole or mashed avocado)
- 1 cup cashews – soaked for 1 hour
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice of one medium lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
Fillings & base
- 6 corn/whole wheat tortillas
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Lime juice
- Preheat oven to 450 ° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the batter for the cauliflower by combining the almond milk, oat flour, and seasonings in a medium bowl (except the buffalo sauce). Mix until batter is combined.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter, shaking off the excess batter before placing the cauliflower on the baking sheet. Lay the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is baking combine all the sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside!
- When the cauliflower is ready, remove it from the baking pan and toss it in the buffalo hot sauce mixture.
- Heat each corn tortilla in a skillet and fill it in with the buffalo cauliflower, your choice of fillings, and cashew sauce. Enjoy!