- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until cauliflower is finely chopped.
- Transfter cauliflower crumbs to a frying pan and place over medium heat. Sprinkle salt over cauliflower and cook stirring constantly until cauliflower is warmed through (not browned), about 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cheesecloth lined colander and set aside to drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together ground flax seeds and water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap cheesecloth around cooled cauliflower and squeeze out as much excess water as possible. Place drained cauliflower in a large bowl and add flax mixture, rice flour, arrowroot flour, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Mix together with your hands until a ball of dough is formed. If dough is too sticky, add additional chickpea flour 1 tablespoon at a time. If dough is too dry, add some extra water 1 teaspoon at a time.
- . Transfer dough to a clean work surface and knead for a minute.
- Place dough on the prepared baking tray and press into a 1/4 inch thick circle. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Top with desired toppings before returning pizza to oven for another 10-15 minutes!