Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 20 min Servings: 6 entrée servings
Here’s a delicious, cozy, meal idea which will add 10 different plants to your diet!!! 🌈🥦🫑🧄🌶🌱🙋🏼♀️
This Thai green curry is a family favourite served with a side of jasmine rice. If you wanted to add more protein, shrimp is a great choice.
This is such a feel good dish- enjoy!
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
2 cups cubed sweet potatoes (or white potatoes)
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 1 inch pieces
1 medium zucchini, sliced and halved
3-4 tbsp green curry paste
2 (14 oz) cans full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp tapioca starch
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups broccoli florets
1 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp tamari sauce
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
4 cups baby spinach
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
salt, to taste
cooked jasmine rice
fresh chopped basil or cilantro
01. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once it’s warm, add the chopped onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
02. Add the sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, zucchini and curry paste to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes.
03. Whisk the cornstarch with a little of the coconut milk (about 1/2 cup) then add to the pan. Add the rest of the coconut milk, cauliflower, broccoli, coconut sugar, tamari sauce, and lime juice. Stir to combine!
04. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the baby spinach and peas and cook until the peas are heated through and the spinach has wilted, about 3 minutes. Thin with a little water, as desired.
05. Serve over rice, and garnish with lime wedges, basil or cilantro and chopped cashews. Enjoy!