Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus – about 3 cups, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 large potato – peeled and sliced
- 1 celery stalk – sliced
- ½ medium onion – chopped
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- In a large pot over medium heat bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
- Add the asparagus, potato, celery, and onion. Reduce the heat and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Pour the soup mixture into a high-speed blender along with the flour, salt, and pepper. Blend until silky smooth.
- Transfer to the same pot, add the coconut milk, and simmer until the soup begins to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Serve right away with a drizzle of coconut milk.
Note: double the ingredients for a larger party.