- 1 ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free flour blend
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds + 6 tablespoons warm water – for flax eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup honey – the runny kind
- ⅓ cup apple sauce
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries – may also use fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Spray a muffin pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the flax seeds with water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Once the flax eggs are ready, in the same bowl add the melted coconut oil, honey, applesauce, coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Pour in the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently to combine the ingredients well.
- Stir in the raspberries.
- Pour into a muffin pan about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F or until the top is slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Gently remove the muffins from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack for another 5 minutes before serving.
*You could replace the raspberries with blueberries or blackberries*