Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 45 min Servings: 8 slices
I think the scent of warm apple cinnamon walnut loaf might quite possibly be one of the best parts of this recipe! 🍎 But then you take a bite!😋
Save this and add it to your long weekend, Thanksgiving food plans (it’s really a simple recipe). It makes a great brunch or breakfast food or to just have on hand for an impromptu coffee date. The walnuts can be subbed for pumpkin seeds to make it school safe or can be left out all together.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!🍂
3 cups shredded red apples – Fuji, honey crisp or gala
2 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
3 organic eggs – beaten
¼ cup coconut oil
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups spelt flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
Apples slices, coconut sugar and cinnamon – for the topping
01. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line an 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
02. In a large bowl combine the shredded apples, baking powder, salt, eggs, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla, mix to combine.
03. Add in the spelt flour and mix through lightly. It’s important not to over-mix so just until it’s combined.
04. Fold in the walnuts, then spoon he mixture into the prepared baking loaf.
05. Cover the top with sliced apples and a sprinkle of coconut sugar and cinnamon.
06. Bake for 45 minutes. Check at 40 minutes, insert a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean, then it is ready.
07. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 45 minutes before removing it from the pan.
08. Slice and enjoy with your favourite warm drink!