Oh good morning family- here’s your breakfast and lunch, lol! 🧡🥕🍎
You guys these carrot apple waffles are the perfect choice for the weekend! SO delicious, healthy (loads of protein, fiber and omega-3 thanks to the chia and flax) and also great for left overs- just freeze and pop in the toasted!
Let the comfort of the season warm your family this weekend!🧡🍂🤎
2 cups spelt flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1 tbsp ground chia seeds
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup grated apples
2 cups almond milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extraact
2 tbsp maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
01. In a medium bowl combine together the spelt flour, baking soda, ground flaxseeds, ground chia seeds, chopped walnuts, and cinnamon.
02. In a small bowl mix together grated apples and carrots, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla extra, maple syrup, and sea salt.
03. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
04. After preheating your waffle maker, scoop out the waffle mixture and add onto the waffle iron. Cook until the edges are crisp and the color is golden brown.
05. Serve with berries and extra maple syrup. Enjoy!