Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes approximately
Servings: 6-7 waffles
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil – cooled off
- 1 ½ cup eggnog (I use the @sodelicious_ca Coconut eggnog)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle maker according to its instructions.
- In a large bowl mix the whole-wheat flour, spelt flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, eggnog, and vanilla extract until frothy. Add the melted coconut oil and mix.
- Stir the wet mixture into the flour mixture until a thick batter forms.
- Pour the right amount of batter in to your waffle maker; cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 4 minutes.
- Serve hot with a dollop of whipped butter, powdered sugar, and maple syrup.