There’s just something about cranberries + orange zest that feels like the holiday’s. And trust me, Santa will be more than happy to enjoy these delicious cookies that are healthy enough for breakfast (with a side of hot cocoa). We love these cookies so much and will be making them all year long. If you want to make them school-safe, leave out the nuts, but I have to say, pecans really are my favorite for baked goods. Enjoy
⅔ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup organic cane or white sugar
¾ cup coconut sugar
½ cup pure orange juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
¾ cup dried cranberries
01. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper & set aside.
02. In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil, cane/white sugar and coconut sugar until well combined. Stir in orange juice, vanilla and orange zest.
03. Next mix in the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until a dough forms. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
04. Scoop the dough into roughly 2-tablespoon amounts and drop them on the baking sheet; making sure they are at least 2 inches apart from each other.
05. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the tops look set. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing to a cooling rack.
06. Enjoy with a cup of tea or hot chocolate. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.