A quinoa salad is always a good idea! And this beautiful rainbow quinoa with a sweet and tangy dressing is the perfect addition to your dinner. It could absolutely be used as a main dish as it gets a hearty dose of protein from the black beans or of course its a beautiful complement to roasted vegetables or any protein entree. I always find quinoa salads to taste even better the next day, and make the best lunch for everyone in the family.
2 cups rainbow quinoa
4 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
1/2 cup frozen corn, cooked
1/2 cup sliced white radishes
1/4 cup dry currants or cranberries
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
juice of a medium lemon
01. In a medium pot, bring the vegetable broth to a boil on medium heat. Add the quinoa and salt. Cover the pot, and cook for 20 minutes or until there is no liquid left.
02. Transfer the quinoa into a large bowl and let it cool completely.
03. Meanwhile add all the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar, cover with lid and shake until it’s mixed.
04. Add all the ingredients to the quinoa bowl (green onion, black beans, corn, radish, and currants). Add in the maple dressing and mix until everything is coated evenly with the dressing.
05. This salad can be served warm or at room temperature. Store the leftovers into an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.