I should have planted more arugula because after the 3 cups I used in this recipe, I pretty much cleared out my little garden, lol!
There are SO many delicious ways to enjoy this peppery, tart cruciferous leafy green (also known as rocket). It’s incredibly nutritious, and aside from making a salad from it (I love a lemon, parm vinaigrette.) I also love it tossed into a pasta dish.
This one can be served hot or cold, and is a crowd pleaser. And you don’t need much else, because this is an all in one kinda dinner. Yes please!
Do you like cold pasta dishes or do you prefer hot?
1 package rotini pasta – 14 Ounce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small shallot – finely chopped
3 cups Cremini mushrooms – sliced
1 bunch asparagus – cut into the 1 inches (tender parts only)
1 bunch Italian parsley – chopped
3 cups fresh Arugula
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
Zest of one small lemon
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves of garlic – minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
fresh cracked pepper – to taste
01. Cook pasta in generously salted water.
02. Heat 2 tablespoons olive in a skillet over medium heat. add the shallot and cook for 3 minutes until fragrant.
03. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and stir occasionally until lightly cooked, about 5 minutes. transfer the mushrooms to bowl.
04. Sauté asparagus in the small pan. Season with salt and cook just until tender and bright green.
05. Add all the dressing ingredients into a jar, secure with a lid and shake
06. Transfer the cooked pasta to a serving bowl. Top with mushrooms asparagus, chopped parsley, the dressing and parmesan cheese. Toss everything together and place in the fridge to cool or serve warm.