Meet your new favourite summer dessert! Well, actually it’s So good and good for you that it can double as your breakfast and snack. It’s a crowd pleaser and almost too pretty to eat, haha. Let’s just say I could sit with a spoon and eat the ricotta lemon filling on it’s own.
The crust is gluten-free made with a combo of almond and coconut flour delivering protein and fibre for the win. I’ve also made the crust with an oat/ground almond flour before and both options are delicious.
Top with your favourite fruit- anything goes and of course in the summer everything fruit tastes better. You can even drizzle with melted chocolate for an extra treat!
Enjoy my friends!
1 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 cup almond flour
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
6 tbsp maple syrup
pinch of salt
Cream Cheese/Ricotta Layer
1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese, drained
1 block (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp honey
Melted chocolate chips if you want to drizzle a chocolate layer overtop
To prepare the crust base:
01. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 10″ circle shaped pizza/cookie sheet with parchment paper so it slightly hangs over edge. Grease the parchment paper.
02. Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
03. Press onto well-greased cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until its golden brown.
04. Remove and let it cool completely.
For the cream cheese/ricotta layer:
01. Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
02. Spread over prepared crust. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
When ready to serve, top with your choice of fruits and enjoy!