Food is love- and these adorable heart shaped chocolate waffles are not only the cutest, they are also heart-healthy and delicious!!! Made with fibre-rich flour and unsweetened cacao powder (hellloooo superfood antioxidant), this is the perfect breakfast for your sweet Valentine. Make a double batch and freeze for quick toaster waffles. ❤️
1 ½ cup whole wheat flour (or sub for all purpose or spelt)
½ cup cacao powder – unsweetened
½ cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
2 organic free range eggs
1 ½ cup oat milk – unsweetened
¼ cup melted coconut oil – room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
01. In a large bowl mix together the whole-wheat flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
02. In a medium bowl beat the eggs; add the oat milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
03. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients bowl and mix to combine.
04. After preheating your waffle maker and spraying with some cooking oil, scoop out the waffle mixture and add onto the waffle iron (we used a heart shaped waffle maker for this recipe). Cook until the edges are crisp and the color is golden brown
05. Serve with sliced strawberries, drizzle of maple syrup, and powdered sugar.