When your late summer garden is bursting with zucchini- bake! Every bite of these zucchini oat cookies are super duper power packed with nutrition and taste delicious. Zucchini has such a mild flavour that you can’t taste yet it adds a wonderful texture and moistness to baked goods. You can really make this recipe your own by adding nuts, seeds, dried fruit and chocolate. And considering these cookies have no flour, or refined sugar, they are definitely a recipe to feel good about!
1 1/2 cups lightly packed grated zucchini*
1 cup pitted medjool dates
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups rolled oats divided
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1/2 cup white or dark chocolate chips
* press water out of the grated zucchini with absorbent towel
01. Preheat oven to 350 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
02. Grate zucchini into a paper towel and gently press some of the water out. Set aside.
03. Add the pitted dates, apple sauce, coconut oil, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla and salt into the food processor. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down side of bowl as needed.
04. Add in 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats and process for 4-5 seconds. Just long enough to roughly chop the oats.
05. Remove the processor bowl from the base, remove the blade, and spoon dough into a large bowl. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of rolled oats, hemp seeds, all the zucchini, and chocolate chips, dried fruits, or nuts.
06. Spoon a mound of dough about 2-3 tablespoons worth onto the baking sheet. Do not press down the dough; simply leave like a muffin top.
07. Bake for around 20 minutes until edges are golden brown.
08. Transfer the baking sheet onto a cooling rack and enjoy!