Prep Time: 10 min (+25 min inactive time) Cook Time: 20 min Servings: 12 fritters
If you are looking for a delicious and fun addition to your meatless Monday menu I’ve got you covered with this light, crispy, and refreshing zucchini quinoa fritters! Quinoa is one of my go-to’s for stuffing any kind of meatball, hamburger loaf etc, and it works So well with these fritters.
Serve these with a side-salad for a satisfying and nourishing meal.
(Tip- Be sure to squeeze all the water from the zucchini. Otherwise they will not stay together)
3 medium organic zucchini, grated
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup cooked quinoa, room temperature
1/2 cup parmesan, grated (feta cheese is also delicious)
1 large organic egg
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil, more as needed
2 teaspoons minced dill, to garnish
01. Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Toss the grated zucchini with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and place in the strainer. Allow zucchini to sit about 15 minutes, then press and squeeze all water from zucchini. Repeat the process, tossing with an additional 1/2 teaspoon of salt and allowing the zucchini to sit an additional 10 minutes. Again, press and squeeze all water from zucchini.
02. In a mixing bowl, stir and combine zucchini, quinoa, parmesan, egg, thyme, garlic powder, and black pepper. Scoop small handfuls of the zucchini mixture and form small, round 1/4-inch thick patties.
03. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Arrange the fritters on the pan so that none are overlapping (working in batches if necessary).
04. Allow fritters to cook until edges begin to turn golden, about 4-6 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook about 4 minutes more.
05. Place all the fritters in a platter and garnish with fresh dill. Serve hot with a side of Greek yogurt.