Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Servings: 4 Entrée size
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic – diced
- 1 small red pepper – chopped
- 1 27-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 34-gram bag penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup baby tomato – diced in half
- 3 cups packed spinach
- Cherry tomatoes and spinach – enough to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot and sauté the onions for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, diced peppers and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the fire-roasted tomatoes, coconut milk and hot water, then bring to a boil.
- Add the penne pasta, nutritional yeast, basil, oregano, salt and black pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes uncovered while mixing occasionally.
- Lastly mix in the spinach and cherry tomatoes, and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Serve hot with a side of your favourite salad.