Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Servings: 12 muffins
Happy Sunday friends!! 🍂☕️
I hope you’ve had a restful weekend and a chance to do what feels good for you.
If you are in the mood for some Sunday baking and want to make your house smell so homey, these apple cinnamon muffins with an almond flour coconut sugar crumble are the perfect choice. 🍎🍎
I made a batch of these for the kids last week and they are healthy enough to be breakfast, snack or as part of their lunch box. They freeze really well so if you love to batch cook (yes please) double the recipe and pop into the freezer. I usually just put the muffins in the kids lunch frozen and by snack time it’s perfect. 🤗
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup spelt flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped apples; any kind of apples chopped into small pieces
2 tbsp almond flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp unsalted butter
01. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
02. In a large bowl, stir together the whole-wheat flour, spelt flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
03.In another bowl, beat the egg and mix in the remaining ingredients for the muffins except the chopped apples (apple sauce, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract).
04. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Gently stir in the apples.
05. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan, dividing the batter equally between the cups.
06. In a small bowl, combine the coconut sugar, cinnamon and almond flour. Cut in the butter with a fork or a pastry blender until it looks like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs over the batter in the muffin pan.
07. Bake the muffins until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes. Let the muffins sit in the pan before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!