Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 2 min
Servings: 2 1/2 cups of sauce
They will never know… 😎😂🥦
That this incredibly delicious pesto packs a powerful punch thanks to broccoli! I’ve done a lot of pestos because they are so healthy, fresh, and versatile. And I love that it’s an all in one kinda dinner.
I also send pesto pasta for the kids school lunches which is a double win. Pesto is also great as a spread, dip, on a charcuterie board, on flatbread, pizza, etc! So many ways to enjoy its power! 🌱
cooked pasta of your choice (set aside 1 1/2 cup of pasta water)
4 cups broccoli florets
2 cups basil leaves, lightly packed
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
01. Bring a large pot filled half way with water to a rapid boil.
02. Add in the broccoli, then bring the water back up to a boil for 2 minutes.
03. Immediately transfer the broccoli with a slotted spoon to a colander placed under cold running water to stop further cooking.
04. In a blender or a food processor, blend together the broccoli, basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and parmesan cheese until smooth. Slowly pour in 1 cup of reserved pasta water until a creamy sauce is formed. If sauce is too thick, add more pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
05. Toss hot pasta with the sauce until completely coated. Top with extra parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and chilli flakes if desired. Enjoy!