Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 cup
- 3 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Juice of 2 medium limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of water – to thin out the pesto if you would like
- Place the basil, garlic and hemp seeds into a food processor. Pulse for one minute to help break down the basil.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Process until smooth, adding one tablespoon of water at a time if you want to thin out the pesto.
- Adjust the seasoning. At this point I added a pinch of salt for more flavour.
- Enjoy right away as a dip of use in pasta dishes.
- Refrigerate the leftover in an airtight container for up to 5 days.