Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, 14 oz
- ¼ cup filtered water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana – sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Raspberry chia jam
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Nut and seeds
- In a medium saucepan, bring the coconut milk and water to a boil. Stir in the rolled oats and salt, and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook for 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pot. Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Place the banana slices in the pan; cook each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Once both sided are cooked, turn off the heat, and drizzle the maple syrup over the bananas.
- Divide oatmeal between 2 bowls, top with the caramelized bananas.
- Drizzle with a generous amount of peanut butter and raspberry chia jam or any other toppings you love. Cinnamon and walnuts are also great.