The pineapple to my salsa!🍍 Friends this is such a great addition to all your favourite meals this summer, grilled pineapple salsa! Eat it with nachos, tacos, as a side-dish, on top of fish or meat! So fun and festive!!
1/2 fresh pineapple, rind removed and cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
1/2 red bell pepper seeded
1/4 red onion peeled and trimmed but kept intact at the root end
1 small jalepeno seeded and finely diced
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
1 tbsp avocado oil
01. Lightly brush avocado oil over top of red pepper, pineapple and onion.
02. Heat bbq grill to medium-high heat.
03. Place above veg directly on grill. Flipping a couple times to allow grill marks to form but they don’t get mushy.
04. Remove from heat and let cool on cutting board. When cool enough to handle dice and transfer to bowl.
05. Add lime, jalapeno, herbs, ginger. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy it on its own or with this BBQ Steelhead Trout!