Tuna salad wrap
May 31, 2018
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped kalamata olives
- ½ celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp finely diced red pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 sprouted whole grain tortilla wraps
- ½ cup baby arugula leaves, washed and dried
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, coarsely mash beans with a fork. Stir in garlic, lemon zest, mustard, 1 tbsp olive oil and parsley. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl, break up tuna with a fork or potato masher. Stir in basil, olives, celery, tomato, onion, red pepper, lemon juice and remaining 1 tbsp olive oil until well combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble wrap, spread bean mixture over tortilla wraps almost to the edge.
- Evenly divide arugula and tuna mixture down center of wraps.
- Roll tortilla around filling, cut in half and serve alongside soup or a salad for a filling lunch or dinner.Photo by @tracey_ayton
Looking for something specific