Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 15 min Servings: 8 scones
Mmmm let the holiday flavours begin!🎄…who else is baking this weekend?🧑🍳
Scones are such a delicious treat and are surprisingly “easy” to make. I love the holiday spices in these gingerbread scones that feel so warm, cozy and festive. And trust me, you must make the glaze!😋 These are great for brunch, or afternoon tea time.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose cooking flour
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ginger powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1 cup cold coconut oil or cold butter
1 cup full fat coconut milk
2 inches fresh ginger – grated
½ cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons almond milk – unsweetened
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ginger powder
01. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
02. In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger powder, cinnamon and salt.
03. Add the cold coconut oil / butter and combine with a pastry cutter or your fingers.
04. Add in the coconut milk and grated ginger, mix to form a dough.
05. Transfer the dough onto a well-floured surface and shape into an 8” disc.
06. Slice into 8 triangles and arrange them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Make sure to space them out as they expand.
07. Bake for 15 minutes. Once it’s ready the top is slightly golden brown and the corners are crisp.
08. To make the frosting place the powdered sugar in a bowl, and stir in the milk until smooth. Mix in the cinnamon, cloves, and ginger until thoroughly blended.
09. Once the scones have cooled down, drizzle the frosting on the top. Serve on the same day as it tastes the best. Enjoy!