Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 10 min Servings: 4 cups muesli & 1/2 cup chia jam
Good morning Friends! 💛☀️
I’m combining my love of two fridge and pantry staples that I basically always have on hand – chia jam, and granola! Both are easy to make and nutritious making them the perfect breakfast or snack combo. It’s also easy enough that the kids can put them other on their own. Yes please! 🙋🏼♀️
Layer in your favorite yogurt – mine is coconut – for a deliciosu parfait!
Plus your house will smell so good this morning while the granola is baking… enjoy! 😍
Raw Chia Jam (1 serving)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup frozen (or fresh) raspberries, thawed (any berry works)
juice of 1 medium orange
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 hemp seeds
1/3 cup golden raisins
plant-based yogurt such as coconut yogurt
01. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
02. In a medium bowl combine all the chia jam ingredients and crush the berries as you mix the ingredients together. Place the bowl in the fridge to set for at least 15 minutes.
03. Make your muesli base by combining the oats, shredded coconut, coconut oil and maple syrup in a bowl. Spread the mixture out on the lined baking tray and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden, mixing it halfway through.
04. Let the muesli base cool off and then mix in the rest of the muesli ingredients (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds and raisins). Store in a sealed mason jar.
05. Assemble the parfait by adding a couple of tablespoons of chia jam at the bottom of a medium glass jar. Next add a couple of tablespoons of muesli. Cover these layers with a thicker layer of coconut yogurt before adding another dollop of jam and a sprinkling of muesli to top it off. Enjoy!
Note: You could also prepare the parfait the night before and enjoy it in the morning. It would be more like a bircher and less crunchy.