We love our bell peppers around this kitchen – they are always part of my weekly grocery shop and a staple in my fridge. There are so many options with these roasted peppers from the classic sliced with garlic, red pepper pasta sauce, hummus (recipe in my cookbook This Kitchen is for Dancing) to one of my favorite creamy roasted red pepper tahini soup! Sharing that recipe here in case you are looking to cozy up with a bowl of goodness tonight!
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup
• 4 large red bell peppers, sliced
• 3 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
• 1 medium leek, sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 medium carrots, sliced
• 3 cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup coconut cream (I use @chasorganics)
• ¼ cup tahini – dissolved in ¼ cup hot water
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ½ teaspoon paprika
01. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
02. Place the sliced red peppers on your baking sheet; roast for 30 minutes and make sure to flip them half way through.
03. While the red peppers are roasting, heat the coconut oil or olive oil in a pot over medium. Add the leek and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Add salt, paprika, carrots, and roasted red peppers. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
04. Add the vegetable broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
05. Add coconut cream and tahini mixture; bring to boil and remove from heat.
06. Puree the mixture in a high-speed blender or a food processor. You might have to do 2 batches, based on the size of your blender.
07. When serving garnish with a few drops of olive oil, black pepper, or crushed red pepper flakes.