Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 18 min
Servings: 12 to 15 muffins
Muffins are always a good idea, especially when made using nutritious flour, heart-healthy oils and other superfood ingredients. I love to bake a batch on the weekends and freeze for lunch boxes and snacks for the kids.
This combination of almond/spelt flour, raspberry, Greek yogurt and olive oil packs all the punch- rich in protein, fibre, antioxidants and healthy fats. You can sub in any fruit (fresh or even dried), as well as nuts or seeds.
1 cup almond flour
1 cup spelt flour
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup full-fat greek yogurt
1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large organic eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups raspberries, frozen or fresh
1/4 to 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
01. Preheat oven to 400F. Line 18 muffin tins with paper lines; set aside.
02. In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
03. In a medium bowl whisk together the yogurt, almond milk, oil, vanilla, eggs, and honey.
04. Gently fold the wet mixture into the flour bowl mixture, using a spatula, fold until combined. Fold in the oil and then the raspberries and dark chocolate chips. Be sure not to over mix!
05. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tin, place pan in the oven and bake for 16 to 18 minutes. I used a 1/3 measuring cup to evenly distribute for a total of 15 muffins.
06. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.