- 2 ½ cup mixed pitted & drained olives – Black, Kalamata, or Green
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons marinated sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves – chopped
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 01. In a food processor, add the olives, capers, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, and black pepper.
- 02. For a chunky spread, pulse up to 15-17 times, stopping to scrape down the bowl a few times.
- 03. For a spreadable tapenade, process until a paste is formed, stopping to scrape down the bowl a few times.
- 04. Garnish with parsley leaves and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with crackers, baguette, pita or veggies such as cucumber, or celery.
Note: Any leftover can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up two weeks.