Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 35 mins Servings: 10-12 brownies
When two of the most delicious, Christmas flavors meet up in this soft, moist, fudge-like peppermint chocolate brownies, that isn’t super sweet, you will be making this recipe beyond the holiday season. I personally love using edible peppermint oil from Young Living, however peppermint extract can work as well. Or I also love the addition of orange oil to this recipe. There are really so many ways to modify it, make it your own, and enjoy a lovely chocolaty treat guilt-free.
½ cup tahini – make sure it’s the runny type of tahini (not hard)
½ cup coconut sugar
⅓ cup maple syrup
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 drops edible peppermint oil or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
½ cup melted dairy-free dark chocolate chips
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
¼ cup chocolate chunks
Flaky sea salt
01. Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
02. Create flax eggs by combining 2 tablespoons flax meal with 6 tablespoons room temperature water. Stir and set aside to thicken for 20 minutes.
03. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
04. In a medium bowl, whisk together tahini, coconut sugar, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla and peppermint oil until smooth. Whisk in flax eggs and melted chocolate until well incorporated. Add the cacao powder slowly while whisking until smooth.
05. Use a spatula to fold in flour mixture. At this point the batter will be thick and a spatula is needed. Stir until well combined.
06. Pour into the prepared lined pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts, chocolate chunks and flaky salt.
Serve with your favourite scoop of vanilla ice cream or with a glass of milk and enjoy!