- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 2 cups medjool pitted dates – about 17 dates
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 drops of Young Living peppermint essential oil (food grade)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops of Young Living peppermint essential oil (food grade)
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- Add the walnuts and cacao powder in a food processor and process until it resembles the texture of sand.
- Add the dates, sea salt, and peppermint oil and continue to process until the mixture comes together in a ball. If you find that the mixture is too dry, you can add a date or two. If the mixture is too sticky, crush a few more walnuts and add it to the date-nut mixture, until you are able to touch the dough without it sticking to your fingers.
- Line an 8×6 inch pan with parchment paper and press the dough evenly in the pan. Freeze for 20 minutes and go on to making the chocolate frosting.
- In a small saucepan melt together the coconut oil, cacao powder, coconut nectar, and vanilla extract, stirring frequently every 2 minutes. Once melted, remove it from the stove, transfer to a glass bowl, add the essential oil and refrigerate for 8-10 minutes. This process will make the chocolate frosting thicken.
- Top your brownie with the chocolate frosting. Sprinkle the chopped almonds over, then cut into 2×2 squares and serve. Store in the fridge, in an airtight container.