Once upon a time, cacao met avocado and they became the most delicious pair, like a unicorn couple. lol. This recipe for Cacao avocado mousse makes for one of the most satisfying and healthy snacks. The creamy rich texture of the avocado pairs so well with the bitter, raw cacao powder. And of course mixing in a few dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs and coconut flakes is the perfect finish.
1 ripe avocado
2 tablespoons cacao powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 Medjool dates – pitted and soaked in hot water for 5 minutes to soften
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon cacao nibs
Plus more chocolate chips or cacao nibs for topping
Toppings – shredded coconut
01. Slice your avocado in half then remove the pit and gently spoon the meat into the bowl of your food processor with the S-blade already in place.
02. Add in cacao powder, vanilla extract, dates, and maple syrup.
03. Process for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process for an additional 60 seconds.
04. Carefully remove the blade. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate chips and cacao nibs.
05. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving. When ready to serve top with shredded coconuts and enjoy!